Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Cariboo - the interior of BC

Before I pack up my summer frocks and pretty thongs (that would be footwear to those of us over 25) I thought you might like to see what I do when I’m not here, in Bloggerville!


Yes...there is life outside this monitor...and these photos will prove it!


Back in June I took my mother for a little birthday outing up to the 70 Mile House area, in the interior of beautiful British Columbia, to spend a few days with our dear friend Dieter at his spectacular property close to Watch Lake.


We did a somewhat circuitous route: Vancouver, through the Fraser Canyon, Cache Creek, Clinton and into the 70 Mile - 100 Mile House area...the return trip was the same until Clinton, where we veered right and headed through the Pemberton Valley, Whistler and home to Vancouver thus avoiding holiday traffic on Hwy #1 - the Trans Canada - which is always under construction...ugh.


Up the Fraser Canyon

More Canyon

And still more...

We met some friends for lunch - a few of my closest

Out for an afternoon snack

Lucky's testing the water temp for a quick dip

Can you see the Loons on the water...click on photo to enlarge



A stitched photo of the private lake on Dieter's property - the three above are of the same lake.

Some neighbouring land

View from the porch...

The porch.

Flowers from the garden...enlarge and see the honey bee.

Enjoying an afternoon drink at the local watering hole
Enjoying an evening drink without going to the local watering hole

Just plain pretty, isn't it?

See next photo for more info

Self explanatory

Just out the back door...a frequent visitor

Rhubarb pie anyone?

The drive home

Pemberton Valley

Seton Lake

Just past Whistler...the back side of our local Vancouver Mtns.

So much snow has never been seen in June...but here it is just for you!

I hope you enjoyed this little trip into British Columbia's interior. 

Do you get out and explore the land closest to you? Or do you prefer to vacation away from home?



Thank you for following, for commenting, for being out there and in here. 

   Jenny

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar