Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Pantry makeover...

Our kitchen is a rather small galley design, and it has one built-in pantry cupboard.
The cupboard is just 18 inches wide with shelving of narrow depth, so a while ago we bought a separate free standing linen cupboard which serves as an extension of that pantry, but also stores plastics and kitchen appliances.

 Last week, as part of my Year of Gentle Domesticity, I decided to empty the small pantry and wash out the shelves...
...before laying some paper over them. 
Being that this is a rental home I could not use the adhesive kind, and with pennies tight it was important that this not cost us anything, so I dug out this large book of scrapbook papers which I'd purchased a long time ago for Blossom (before she quit scrapbooking)...
I took measurements for the various shelves, then cut and pasted the papers together to fit. 
I chose beachy scenes and flowers as Mr E and I grew up by the beach in Newcastle, NSW. These happy little scenes gave my 'home-sick' soul a lovely hug!

It's amazing how something so simple can lift your domestic heart isn't it?
The result was refreshing...
 When I surveyed my work afterwards I felt something else was needed.
A nice bright dispenser for our supply of grocery bags...
A few things that will continue to flow through this wonderful Year of Gentle Domesticity is 'making do' with what's on hand as much as possible, and re-acquainting myself with every nook and cranny in my home. 
It's also about looking for ways to add life and colour, and true satisfaction  in the work of my hands.

On Wednesday I'll share a tutorial for making one of those dispenser bags yourself!
Believe me, its so simple.

hugs

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar