Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Painting of Eric Merrell

This is the piece that I was painting If you happened to notice the two seconds that I was in Jeremy's video.
The light on Eric and his set up that afternoon was great.
I adjusted a few things even though I did not have a very good reference shot to work from. I thought the color was a little cold, and after seeing the video, I realized that I should warm it up a bit, and get some of the warm grass that the sun was hitting in the foreground.
Here are the two together so you can compare the two and see what I changed.


"Eric Merrell Painting", 8" x 6" oil on linen, Frank Gardner © 2008
Private Collection


"Eric Merrell Painting" unfinished version, Frank Gardner © 2008


I also adjusted his face so it looked a little more like Eric.
His gesture is pretty much right on and that was not really altered.
The two areas of sky were confusing, so I lessened one of them.

Below is a detail of his face and arms. I was after the way he holds the brush and that roll of paper towels under his arm.



"Eric Merrell Painting", detail, Frank Gardner © 2008


Eric has a great umbrella that he works under. It is white with a black layer on the underside. It sticks in the ground, so it is independent of the easel and It can be tethered down with ropes if it is windy.


Eric's cool umbrella set up.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar